Shipping Phenylethylamine HCL to South Africa

Vin Pillay

24 Nov, 2010 09:09 AM

Good Day

Are you able to export to South Africa, we will pay for the shipping and
those costs.

Regards

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by James Coffey on 24 Nov, 2010 09:15 AM

Your comment or question: Can you please advise how to send you my Credit Card particulars to pay for the items .

Response: As you are likely aware, shipping nutritional products to SA can be problematic in consideration of the corrupt nature of your SA customs and Post. Over the last five years we have shipped more than 100,000 parcels to more than 100 countries. In those five years we have shipped about 500 parcels to SA and the rate of lost of stolen parcels in transit to our SA customers is the second highest of those 100 countries. The only country with a worse track record than SA is Mexico. While we do continue to ship to our SA customers the likelihood of lost or stolen shipments prevents of from guaranteeing delivery of our shipments to you.

In other words, if you are willing to bear full responsibility for financial loss associate with your delayed, lost or stolen parcel we'll be happy to accept your order and provide proof to your that we mailed your parcel. Beyond providing you with this evidence for mailing our customer support will come to an end. Should your parcel not be delivered to you you will have no recourse whatsoever to recover your payment to us. If, on the other hand, your parcel is returned to us (which almost never happens from SA), we will refund 100% of your product purchase price. However, we will not refund your shipping costs.

If these terms are acceptable to you please submit your order on our website. In the process of adding your items to our website shopping cart and checking out you will be able to fill in your credit card information and pay for your order. If you are unable to complete this process you can submit your order with check or money order selected as payment and the email us with your credit card information and then we will attempt to process the charge to your credit card manually ourselves.

Thank you,

Timothy McNulty
    PureBulk, Inc.
    1640 Austin Rd
    Roseburg, OR 97471

T: 541-572-2393
    C: 541-260-2116
    F: 213-226-4677
    email: [email blocked]

2. James Coffey closed this discussion on 24 Nov, 2010 09:15 AM.

3. Vin Pillay re-opened this discussion on 25 Nov, 2010 08:09 AM

4. 2 Posted by Vin Pillay on 25 Nov, 2010 08:09 AM

Hi Timothy

I am willing to take the chance, however do you know if Phenylethylamine HCL is considered a schedule substance in The United states?? And possibly in South Africa. Please send me a quote for 1kg.

Vin

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by James Coffey on 26 Nov, 2010 12:23 AM

Vin Pillay,

I can tell you with certainty that Phenylethylamine HCL is not a scheduled substance here in the USA, however, it is restricted from importation into many countries. I apologize that I am not aware as to whether Phenylethylamine HCL is controlled, restricted, banned or permitted for importation into SA. My guess is that it is banned but I would have no way to find out. Any time that I have attempted to research these matters concerning your SA customs or import laws I have not been able to reach a definite conclusion. Please do your own research on this subject and come to your own informed understandings. You might want to call your SA customs offices or contact them through their website portal. If you don't get an answer or you can't make this determination yourself I would suggest that you not order this product. Having sent hundreds of parcels to SA in the past I can tell you from my experience that your SA customs officials seem to act arbitrarily most of the time, either returning a parcel, confiscating a parcel or issuing clearance and delivery to my SA customers. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their actions as far as I can tell.

I have a few SA customers that have the ability to place larger orders and pay for FedEx shipping which always seems to work because it takes the customs, transit and delivery of your parcel out of the hands of the corrupt government officials looking to augment their meager government pay. The problem with FedEx shipping is that it is extremely expensive relative to the USPS and SA Post transit and delivery. What would cost you $13.45 USD to ship via the USPS might cost up to $125 USD to ship via FedEx, which definitely doesn't seem worth the price for shipping a $40 USD item.

The best solution to this problem of lost or stolen parcels to SA in my opinion is shipping insurance. The problem with insurance is that the USPS doesn't offer it on the $13.45 USD Priority flat-rate envelopes. But the USPS does offer insurance on the $28.95 USD Express flat-rate envelopes. These Express flat-rate envelope also include $100 USD worth of insurance for free. Another advantage is that the Express flat-rate envelopes have much faster transit times than the Priority flat-rate envelopes.

Another possible way to acquire shipping insurance for your USPS Priority Medium or Large flat-rate boxes.

USPS Medium flat-rate box: $43.45 USD (includes $100 USD shipping insurance)
    Maximum available product weight: 8.25 kg
    Maximum available product volume: 8400 cubic centimeters

USPS Large flat-rate box: $55.95 USD (includes $100 USD shipping insurance)
    Maximum available product weight: 8.25 kg
    Maximum available product volume: 12600 cubic centimeters

The experience of my SA customers regarding these insured delivery services of the USPS is that the parcels are usually delivered or returned to us. Either way you will not lose your purchase price. However, if the shipment is returned to us after we've refunded your product purchase price you will lose your shipping costs because we do not refund for shipping.

Overall your choice of shipping to SA will depend upon how much money you want to spend and how much risk you can tolerate. We'll declare your products as commercial samples with values low enough to fall below the threshold at which your SA customs officials would usually be inclined to impose duties and taxes. However, your SA customs officials can and will act arbitrarily to impose duties or return insured parcels seemingly at random.

The last practical shipping method that I can think of involves USPS Express Mail by weight. USPS Express Mail by weight is a lot more expensive shipping to SA than shipping to Europe, but it might be worth the additional expense in consideration of the shipping insurance and the reduced chance of lost or stolen parcels in transit. For example, we can ship a 25kg drum of product (with a total shipping weight of 64 pounds) to SA via USPS Priority Mail for $340.05 USD and via Express Mail for $391.25 USD. Given the difference in price the Express Mail large parcel price is definitely worth the additional cost. The biggest problem with Express Mail by weight shipping to SA, beyond the increased shipping costs, are the problems you may encounter with your SA customs regulations regarding pre-notification and customs brokerage. You will find that for larger shipments you will necessarily be required to pay brokering fees to your SA customs if you don't already have a private customs broker handling the paperwork for you. These brokering fees can be a form of graft at times and if you are not familiar with the paperwork involved or you don't have the services of knowledgeable customs broker you can find yourself paying very high fees for importation, up to 100% or more of the declared value of the product. Here is were we can help a little by providing a commercial invoice for your shipment that has a lower stated value than the amount you actually pay. While this works sometimes it doesn't always work to keep your customs duties down to acceptable amounts in all cases.

You should now have a lot of information to consider when attempting to import to SA. The best decision you could make in my opinion would be to forget about importing to SA and find something else to do with your time and money. But should you decide to go ahead with your plans we'll certainly do the best we can to get your parcels delivered to you, but ultimately you will bear full financial responsibility for your decisions. That's why it is very important that you understand your options and the risks involved when importing nutritional products into SA.

Good luck with your decisions.

Timothy McNulty
    PureBulk, Inc.
    1640 Austin Rd
    Roseburg, OR 97471

T: 541-572-2393
    C: 541-260-2116
    F: 213-226-4677

6. James Coffey closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2010 12:23 AM.

7. James Coffey re-opened this discussion on 26 Nov, 2010 12:25 AM

8. 4 Posted by Jim on 16 Jun, 2011 12:01 AM

I have a related question about the shipment of Phenylethylamine. If i am at work when it arrives will it be left at my house or does it require a signature?

Thanks
    Jim

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Thomas Becknel on 16 Jun, 2011 09:30 PM

Hi Jim,

Your shipment will be delivered without a signature unless you request this specifically with us.

Thanks,

-- Ryan Parker
    PureBulk, Inc.
    PO Box 35
    Winston, OR 97469

Tele: 541-679-1500
    Cell: 541-260-2116
    Fax: 213-226-4677

10. Thomas Becknel closed this discussion on 16 Jun, 2011 09:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2013 06:51 AM
15 Feb, 2013 09:24 PM
28 Nov, 2012 07:16 PM