I would like to buy hydrolyzed collagen.  Would you be kind enough to tell me
what the shipping cost to the U.K. would be per kilo of this product and what
shipping method you use as well as delivery time.  Would you also tell me what
the shipping cost would be for 2 kg and 3 kg respectively because it may
be better if I get a larger quantity.

Thank you.

Josephine Olivadoti

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by James Coffey on 22 Nov, 2010 11:06 PM

For shipping to the UK we have a completely unique packaging method whereby we utilize USPS Priority flat-rate envelopes to ship up to 1.5 kilograms product weight for about one third the cost of shipping that same product by the weight class Priority Mail. The reason why this works so economically is because the flat-rate envelopes are a flat-rate regardless of the weight enclosed up to a total mailing weight of 4 pounds. At a mailing weight of up to 4 pounds the cost for one USPS flat-rate envelope is just $13.45 USD whereas shipping that same 4 pounds via weight class Priority mail would cost $35.00 USD! Amazing, isn't it?

We have UK customers that regularly order from 10 to 50 kilograms product weight with a single order and shipping costs are far less shipping 1.5kg per flat-rate envelope rather than shipping the entire lot in one parcel. Besides saving on shipping costs the savings in customs duties are tremendous since we always declare our shipments as samples valued at their commercial sample wholesale equivalent, certainly less than the threshold value that would trigger your UK customs inspectors to impose customs duties in most cases (but certainly not all cases). About one in fifty UK flat-rate envelope shipments do result in customs duties owing to your UK customs inspector reevaluating the declared values upward so as to be consistent with their assumed market values. But these instances are rare and this is why we cannot declare products as gifts with zero value because your UK customs inspectors don't really care whether the package contents are gifts, samples, or commercial products. They are only concerned with assigning market values to those contents and then imposing duties where those combined values exceed their administrative threshold for the imposition of duties.

With more than 5,000 packages sent to United Kingdom not a single parcel has been lost or unaccounted for and probably less than 5 (one in one thousand) have been returned to us for various reasons. Fully 90% of our UK shipments are delivered within the USPS estimated delivery time of 7 to 10 day, but for another 5% of shipments the delivery time can extend to 3 weeks owing to your UK customs inspectors issuing holds that delay the transit of your package. But there is another 5% or so that take more than 3 weeks transit time owing to multiple holds or handling delays imposed by your UK customs inspectors.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Take care,

Timothy McNulty
    PureBulk, Inc.
    1640 Austin Rd
    Roseburg, OR 97471

T: 541-572-2393
    C: 541-260-2116
    F: 213-226-4677
    email: [email blocked]

2. James Coffey closed this discussion on 22 Nov, 2010 11:06 PM.

3. Josephine Olivadoti re-opened this discussion on 23 Nov, 2010 06:23 PM

4. 2 Posted by Josephine Oliva... on 23 Nov, 2010 06:23 PM

Hi Timothy,

Thank you so much for your kind, comprehensive and informative reply to my
    email.  If it is just as cost effective to despatch in USPS Priority Mail Flat
    Envelopes which hold 1.5 kilos and I order 2 kgs would they need to be
    dispatched in 2 flat envelopes or would you be able to fit this volume in one?

Kind regards.

Josephine Olivadoti

----- Original Message ----
    To: "[email blocked]" <[email blocked]>
    Sent: Tue, 23 November, 2010 0:06:40
    Subject: Re: Hydrolyzed Collagen [Sales & Questions]

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by James Coffey on 23 Nov, 2010 08:54 PM

Josephine,

Your question: If it is just as cost effective to despatch in USPS Priority Mail Flat
    Envelopes which hold 1.5 kilos and I order 2 kgs would they need to be
    dispatched in 2 flat envelopes or would you be able to fit this volume in one?

Response: Yes. The cost to ship 1.5kg Caffeine Anhydrous is $13.45 USD for one USPS Priority flat-rate envelope However, the cost to ship 2.0kg Caffeine Anhydrous is $26.90 USD with 1kg in each of two USPS Priority flat-rate envelopes.

This should be a fairly easy concept to grasp, as follows:

USPS Priority flat-rate envelope:
    Cost: $13.45 USD
    Total available product weight not to exceed 1600 grams
    Total available product volume not to exceed 2800 cubic centimeters

If either the total product weight or the total product volume exceeds the above limits than another USPS Priority flat-rate envelope will be required to package and ship all products. For this reason we publish the product weight and product volume on our website at the top of every product description.

Thank you for your understanding.

Timothy McNulty
    PureBulk, Inc.
    1640 Austin Rd
    Roseburg, OR 97471

6. James Coffey closed this discussion on 23 Nov, 2010 08:54 PM.

7. Josephine Olivadoti re-opened this discussion on 23 Nov, 2010 11:43 PM

8. 4 Posted by Josephine Oliva... on 23 Nov, 2010 11:43 PM

Thank you Timothy for the information.

I will call within the next day or so to place an order.

Thank you again.

Kind regards.

Josephine Olivadoti

----- Original Message ----
    To: "[email blocked]" <[email blocked]>
    Sent: Tue, 23 November, 2010 22:21:10
    Subject: What are your UK shipping costs? [Sales & Questions]

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by James Coffey on 24 Nov, 2010 05:39 AM

We will be answering phones tomorrow from 7:30 AM to about noon, Pacific Time, but after that we'll likely be closed for Thanks Giving. We'll be running again on Friday but with a skeleton crew. You might consider email if the phones are not answered.

Thanks,

Timothy McNulty
    PureBulk, Inc.
    1640 Austin Rd
    Roseburg, OR 97471

10. James Coffey closed this discussion on 24 Nov, 2010 05:39 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac