Hi Guys, I bought Cinnamon 1 kg. from your site

Gena Davis

03 Feb, 2011 09:23 PM

(maybe 2008?) and was wondering if it is still good? I apparently bought it when we moved here - the expiration says 2009 - 05 - 02.

I just found this bag of 1 kg. Cinnamon, unopened, in a box that was hidden, dark and dry but never opened.

is it still good?

I am hoping it is, otherwise, what should I do, just throw it out?

thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by James Coffey on 04 Feb, 2011 07:28 AM

Gena,

Yes. That expiration date is completely arbitrary, i.e. its only purpose if for use by the manufacturer for inventory control. These expiration dates were NEVER intended to be interpreted by the end user to be an expiration date like you might see on a carton of milk. The only thing that expires on the indicated date is the manufacturer's control over their products in circulation among their distribution network. Once the product is repackaged remanufactured into another blended product that original expiration date is completely irrelevant because the circumstances regarding the shelf life and storage conditions for that product have changed. The shelf-life in some cases can decrease after remanufacturing in the case of a blended product where interactions are increased, but in our case we blend nothing with it and we increase quality of the storage system by using higher quality barrier bags (laminated nylon and foil) that extend the shelf life in some cases tremendously. Many of these products will actually keep fully potent for many years if stored properly (sometimes beyond a human lifespan).

Take care,

Timothy McNulty
    PureBulk, Inc.
    1640 Austin Rd
    Roseburg, OR 97471

Ph: 541-679-1500
    Fx: 213-226-4677
    email: [email blocked]

2. James Coffey closed this discussion on 04 Feb, 2011 07:28 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac